This is a tasty breakfast for everyday because it is so fast to whip up. The people of Gujarat and Southern India love this dish so much that it is served as a staple daily.
Cooking Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
|1||Cup||Cream of Wheat|
|1/2||TBsp||Green Chili, minced|
|Salt to taste|
How to Prepare:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Roast mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves green chili.
- Add cream of wheat (called suji) and roast until golden brown. Do not overcook.
- Add salt, turmeric and corn.
- Mix water and yogurt together. Gently stir yogurt water into mixture.
- Stir well so it does not form any lumps.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- To garnish, add some chopped cilantro leaves at the bottom of the bowl.
- Now pour the cooked upama into the bowl. Gently press.
- Flip over onto a plate.
- If desired serve with cilantro chutney.
Tips: Cream of wheat uses less water. Suji from the Indian Grocery store sometimes uses little bit more water. Adjust water accordingly.