Green Beans are an everyday staple in my household. We cook it almost once a week. Green beans are also called Fansi Nu Shaak.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan
|2||Pounds||Fresh Green Beans|
|1/2||Small Chopped Onion (optional)|
|1/4||Teaspoon||Red Chili Powder|
|2||Teaspoons||Coriander & Cumin Powder|
|Fresh Grated Coconut to garnish|
|Chopped Cilantro to garnish|
|Salt to taste|
|Washed & Cut Green Beans|
How to prepare:
- Wash, trim, and chop green beans into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan with a lid.
- Add Ajwain, Asafoetida, and Green Beans.
- Add Salt, Turmeric, Coriander, and Cumin Powder.
- Stir well and cover.
- Reduce heat to low, mix well, and cook for 10 minutes until done.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Chopped Onion.
- Slivered Almonds and Shaved Coconut Flakes can also be used as garnish.
- An easy variation of this recipe would be to add small cut potatoes, chopped onions, or peas.
- It is ideal with Roti, Rice and any kind of Dals.