Yummy Sugar Free Date Rolls
It is always a challenge to eat well-balanced snacks all the time. This snack provides a great way to incorporate fiber high in protein and it is sugar-free.
Variations can be numerous and good thing about this recipe that you can never go wrong!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup mixed nut finely chopped unsalted
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
How to prepare:
1. Place dates in a heavy-duty pan on a medium heat let dates melt. Dates will turn like soft paste. OR this step can be done in food processor.
2. Chop nuts finely in food processor. Add dates and coconut flakes.
3. For variations chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins, peanut butter can be added according to your choice. Almond and cashew butter is also a good choice!
4. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Take teaspoon dough into hands and roll them into balls or logs. Roll them into flaky coconuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy as treat guilt free or as dessert! This can be done in advance and it stays fresh for upto two weeks in airtight container.