Split Chick pea with coconut chutney
Originally this recipe is from south India. This chutney is popular with dosa, idli and mendu vada and many more dishes. In South India where coconut is very easily available and very refreshing to taste.
I am huge fan of this special chutney because it incorporates fiber, nutrition and protein. It has all the key ingredients to make this perfect healthy recipe!
Prep time : 15 minutes Serves :4 Very easy Vegan, Gluten free
1/2 cup channa dal or ready roasted channa dal /Dalia
1 cup grated coconut
1 teaspoon salt
1 fresh piece ginger
1 fresh chili
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 small bunch cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- For tempering;
- 1/2 tsp. udad dal
- 1/2 mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. oil for garnish
- Red whole chili optional
- Few curry leaves
How to make:
1.Roast dal over medium heat for about 4 minutes till golden brown. Add 2 cup water. Soak for 2 hours.
2. Mix the entire ingredient in a blender. Add water if needed. Blend it for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds and urad dal in hot oil. It will start to pop up. Add chili and curry leaves.(optional)
- Garnish the mixture with hot oil.
- Enjoy with your dosa and Idli!
- How do you like the taste? Let me know in your comments!