I love my Indian rice pudding which is made with cow’s milk. I was in impression that pudding without the cow’s milk will be no pudding at all.
To my surprise when my friend Debbie served me with silken tofu pudding I could not believe that it is vegan pudding! It is extremely simple to make.
Prep time :10 minutes Serves :3 Very easy Vegan Gluten Free
- 1 Block firm or extra firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar /Agave nectar/maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp of turmeric for color
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
How to prepare:
1. Drain the water from tofu.
2. Blend in food processor silken tofu, lemon juice, sugar and turmeric till smooth. Serve in individual dishes and chill in refrigerator for two hours.
3. Garnish with berries.
Is this real ? Velvety smooth taste of pudding? Try it and Let me know in your comments!