Puri Puffed Bread is a favorite in India and it’s healthier than traditional fried bread – it’s served at many meals and enjoyed by people of all ages. And now you can enjoy it too! All it takes is a little time and four ingredients!
Cooking Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1//4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
- Water to knead dough
- Oil for frying
How to Prepare:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and make a smooth dough.
- Set aside for couple of hours.
- Grease both hands and knead dough for a couple of minutes.
- Divide into equal parts.
- Roll it and flatten with hands.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Roll the dough into pieces, making them as round as possible.
- Fry them gently one after another.
- Drain the puris on a paper towel, removing the excess oil.
- The shape of puri does not matter.
- Oil has to be a certain temperature so puri can puff up.
- Be careful not to get the oil on your hands.
- Puri goes with mango pulp and lots of veggies.
Enjoy my video on how to make puff puri!
And here’s what to do when it doesn’t puff up…..
Want something new? Try puri puffed bread. Ditch your regular rolls and eat this instead.