Recently, my friend, Sapna Lulla, gave me a jar of tomato jam. I enjoyed it very much with bread, thepla and with meals as well. What a nice way to treat a friend! I thought I should share her recipe with everyone. Tomatoes are abundant and cheap right now so this is one of the best ways to use them.
Cooking Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 4-5 Jars
|4 & 1/2||lbs.||Tomatoes|
|Few||Cashews & Raisins|
How to Prepare:
- Grind tomatoes.
- Bring them to a boil in a heavy sauce pan on high heat.
- Add sugar.
- Stir for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and chili powder.
- It will start thickening up after almost an hour.
- Add onion seeds, cashews and raisins.
- After 5 minutes, turn the heat off.
- The next day, add white vinegar.
- Onion seeds are available in Indian store.
- Tomato jam will stay fresh for few weeks.