Silken Tofu Pudding
I love my Indian rice pudding which is made with cow’s milk. I was in impression that pudding without the cow’s milk will be no pudding at all.
To my surprise when my friend Debbie served me with silken tofu pudding I could not believe that it is vegan pudding! It is extremely simple to make.
Prep time :10 minutes Serves :3 Very easy Vegan Gluten Free
- 1 Block firm or extra firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar /Agave nectar/maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp of turmeric for color
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
How to prepare:
1. Drain the water from tofu.
2. Blend in food processor silken tofu, lemon juice, sugar and turmeric till smooth. Serve in individual dishes and chill in refrigerator for two hours.
3. Garnish with berries.
Is this real ? Velvety smooth taste of pudding? Try it and Let me know in your comments!
Yummy Sugar Free Date Rolls
It is always a challenge to eat well-balanced snacks all the time. This snack provides a great way to incorporate fiber high in protein and it is sugar-free.
Variations can be numerous and good thing about this recipe that you can never go wrong!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup mixed nut finely chopped unsalted
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
How to prepare:
1. Place dates in a heavy-duty pan on a medium heat let dates melt. Dates will turn like soft paste. OR this step can be done in food processor.
2. Chop nuts finely in food processor. Add dates and coconut flakes.
3. For variations chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins, peanut butter can be added according to your choice. Almond and cashew butter is also a good choice!
4. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Take teaspoon dough into hands and roll them into balls or logs. Roll them into flaky coconuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy as treat guilt free or as dessert! This can be done in advance and it stays fresh for upto two weeks in airtight container.
coconut flakes on date roll
Peppermint bark is fun and easy to make it at home with the fraction of coast.
It gives a refreshing flavor of mint, not to heavy sugary taste and almond gives a healthy attribute to this home made candy.
- 6 candy canes
- 2 special dark Hershey’s chocolate
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds or Pistachio
How to Make:
1. Melt the chocolate in microwave oven for 30 seconds. Stir.
2. Repeat the steps if choclate is not melted.
3. Crush all the candycanes.
4. Add few almonds and crushed powder of candycanes in melted choclate.
5. Layer it thin on wax paper.
6. Garnish choclate with pieces of candycanes and silvered almonds.
7. Let it cool. Brake it into pieces. Store in a clear container.