Usually, I have a hard time coming up with healthy dessert when I teach vegan cooking classses.
Once you try this you will love the taste of strawberry pie with nutty taste!
Pie doesn’t have a reputation for being healthy until now! The Raw Strawberry Pie is a dessert you don’t have to desert!
Time to prepare: 6 hours, including set time
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Crust Ingredients:
1 cup raw pecans
3/4 cup raw walnuts
1 cup (packed) pitted dates
¼ tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Filling Ingredients:
3 cups strawberries
¾ cup raw cashews
4 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. lemon juice
Dash of salt
How to Prepare:
1. Place the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until crumbly enough that the mixture holds itself together.
2. Place the mixture into a pie plate and press into pan.
3. Place the filling ingredients in a blender and puree for one minute or until smooth
4. Pour the filling onto the crust and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Set in the freezer for five to six hours.
6. Remove 20 minutes before serving.
This strawberry pie is a nice summer treat. Embrace its wellness as you beat the heat!
Enjoy this yummy treat in a picnic! It is perfect to take along.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Keeler.