Homemade Soy Yogurt
My friend Debbie is a huge believer in plant-based foods. As a Vegan, she was missing probiotics in her diet. When she found out about my blog she requested I make Pure soy yogurt at home. Supermarkets have many flavors, but add sugar to their soy yogurt, so for optimum healthiness, you should make it at home.
What You Need
2 cup Organic unsweetened soy milk
1 count store bought organic soy yogurt plain( Whole Soy & Co)
1 Heavy pot or glass microwave container
Three Easy Steps to Make yogurt:
1. Boil the milk either on the stove or in a microwave.
2. Let it cool down enough that that you can hold your finger in the milk for twenty seconds.
3. Add two heaping spoonfuls of soy yogurt to boiled milk. Whisk evenly so yogurt mixes properly. Pour into individual jar with tight lid.
4. Let it sit undisturbed in regular oven with lights on for six to eight hours.
5. Once it sets, refrigerate for a few hours to make it firm.
Enjoy with fresh fruit.