It is time to expand your palate! Beets are a wonderful source of iron, it has been shown to be an immunity booster and guard against cancer.
This beet salad is very simple to make and fun to eat. The crimson color of beets and red onions looks so pretty on the table. The crunch and sweetness of gives a zest to a meal having your family to eat veggies happily.
Cooking Level: Very Easy
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1. One small piece of cucumber
2. One boiled medium size beet
3. One red onion
4. Sea salt
5. Lemon juice
6. 1/4 tsp of roasted cumin seeds powder
7. Chopped cilantro to garnish
1. Chop cucumber, beets and onion in julienne cut
2. Sprinkle sea salt, lemon juice and cumin powder.
3. Mix all the ingredients and put in the refrigerator for at-least 20 minutes before you serve
Tips: Roast cumin seeds in a pan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Let it cool down. grind the seeds in the grinder. This powder should be good for 6-7 months if stored in a airtight jar. Can be used for other recipes such as salads, yogurts and dahi wada.