Okra is widely available all over the world. There are numerous ways one can make okra subji. One of my favorite ways is stuffed okra with a special blend of spices and ground peanuts. Okra lovers will definitely enjoy this recipe. It takes a little bit of time but it is well worth it.
Recipe Type: Jain, Vegan, Gluten Free and full of vitamins and anti-oxidants.
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy to make if you cook regularly.
2 lbs. Okra, washed and dried with a paper towel. Cut both ends off and make a slit in the middle.
|Salt to taste|
|1/4||Tsp||Red Chili Powder|
|2||TBsp||Cumin and coriander powder, little more than usual|
|3||TBsp||Ground Peanut Powder|
|1||Tsp||Fresh Grated Ginger|
|1||Tsp||Fresh Grated Green Chili|
|1||TBsp||Besan or Chick Pea Flour|
|2||TBsp||Coconut flakes, optional to garnish|
|Chopped Cilantro to garnish|
How to Prepare:
- Mix all the spices and fill in the slit of okra. Set aside.
- On medium heat in a wok add oil.
- Add stuffed okra and let it sizzle. Use wooden spatula to stir occasionally.
- Mix it gently covering oil. Let it sizzle for 5 minutes.
- Transfer it to a glass pan or corning ware. Cover with saran wrap.
- Microwave it for 3-4 minutes. Check that okra is tender and done.
- If it is not done, microwave again for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and coconut flakes.
- Serve with warm roti.
Serving Size is 1/10 of Recipe.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment!
I love to hear from my readers!