|Spinach with Split Mung Dal|
Cooking Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Type: Vegan & Gluten Free
|1||Tbsp||Coriander Cumin Powder|
|1||Medium||Tomato, cut & cubed|
|Salt to taste|
|Cilantro to garnish|
|1||Bunch||Spinach, washed & chopped finely|
|2||Shallots or Fresh Garlic|
|1||Small||Piece of Fresh Ginger or Ginger Powder|
|1||Small||Onion, cut & cubed|
How to Prepare:
- Wash split mung beans (Dal) thoroughly. Set aside to soak for about an hour.
- Once soaked, add beans to three cups of water in a pan. Bring to a boil on high heat and let it simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil. Add astofedia, cumin seeds, onion, chopped garlic and spices.
- Then add the chopped spinach, salt, ginger, chili, coriander and cumin powder and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato and lemon juice. Mix the boiled Dal with fried spinach mixture in the pan.
- Let it simmer for few more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot.
- It works very well as soup or curry with rice. Enjoy!
There are variety of lentils available. The same recipe can be used for different Dals. After you try to cook this a few times, it becomes very easy.
Note: Divide Values by Servings for Individual Quantities.