This is a great recipe for any season. It is versatile with many fruits. Here, I've used mostly pears, apples and cherries.
Cooking Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Assembly Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan
|6||Peeled & Sliced Fresh Pears or Apples|
|1/2||Cup||Pitted Fresh or Dried Cherries|
|1/2||Cup||Packed Brown Sugar|
|1/3||Cup||Toasted Chopped Pecans|
|3/4||Cup||Old Fashioned Oats|
How to Prepare:
- Combine apples or pears, cherries and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside so it won't go black.
- In a different bowl, combine vanilla, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Gently mix pears or apples with the cornstarch mixture.
- Let it sit for an hour or two.
- For the Topping, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add butter.
- Mix it well and set aside.
- After refrigeration, place apple or pear mixture in a small 9 inch baking dish.
- Garnish with oat topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- When it starts to bubble or turn golden brown, it is ready to eat.
I enjoy my fruits with dash of sweetness, warm and healthy. Vanilla ice cream is best with the warm fruit. Oberweis Vanilla Ice Cream is my favorite.
Nutrition Facts based on original recipe.
Substitutions will cause values to change.