|Buttermilk with Roasted Cumin|
Cooking Difficulty Level: Very Easy
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
To fight obesity, you must eliminate sugary drinks from your diet. The regular intake of traditional buttermilk provides the body with all essential nutrients and does not add fat and unnecessary calories. It contains a high amount of probiotics which is good for colon health. Buttermilk is regarded as one of the healing agents in food. In summer months buttermilk after lunch is must. It not only aids digestion but cools the body, too.
|1||cup||Plain Fresh Yogurt|
|1||Tsp||Roasted Cumin Powder|
|Chopped Cilantro or Fresh Mint to garnish (optional)|
|Salt to taste|
|Buttermilk with Cilantro|
How to Prepare:
- Combine water, yogurt and salt.
- Blend mixture nicely with hand blender.
- Top off with Roasted Cumin Powder.
- Garnish with Mint or Chopped Cilantro.
- Serve in tall glass along with food or as a drink by itself with ice.
- Buttermilk can be served with rice dishes and is popular with Khichadi also:
- Kadhi can also be made from buttermilk: