Gluten-Free Naan for Your Vegan Meal Plan
Finding naan that is both gluten-free and vegan friendly at an Indian restaurant is like finding a winning lottery ticket on your front porch: unlikely. So, if you are craving some delicious naan to go with your favorite Indian dish, you’re going to have to make your own. Fear not! There’s no need to stray from your vegan meal plan. All you need is a little resourcefulness and the right recipe. Here’s how you make delicious vegan, gluten-free naan:
1 cup millet flour
1 cup multi-blend gluten-free flour mix
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons guar gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar in the raw
½ cup of regular soymilk
½ cup soy yogurt
½ teaspoon olive oil
What to do with the ingredients:
1. Mix dry ingredients, and then create a well in the flour.
2. Mix wet ingredients and pour them into the well in the flour. Mix everything together until you have soft dough.
3. Cover your dough with a wet cloth and leave it to sit for 2 and a half hours.
4. Make eight balls of dough that are equal in size. Manipulate the balls of dough with your hands on a hard surface until they take the shape of flat rectangles.
5. Put the dough rectangles in a large, extremely hot skillet. Let one side of the dough cook for around a minute.
6. Flip the dough over on its other side. Wait until you see bubbles forming on the surface of the dough. Then, flip it over again and let it cook for another 30 seconds or so.
7. Flip the dough over one more time and let it cook for around half a minute. Then take the naan out of the skillet, cool, and enjoy!