|Pani Puri with Potatoes, Mung Beans, Chickpeas and Date Sauce|
At the top of the list is Pani Puri or famously known as Gol Goppa. It is medley of sweet tastes with little sour touch with spices which tantalize the taste buds. Chaat is pushcart food which is very likely originated in Northern India.
Cooking Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Level: Easy
Recipe Type: Vegan
How to Prepare:
- Boil two potatoes and mash them.
- Season with salt, pepper, red chili and cilantro. Set aside.
- One cup of mung bean sprouts that has been boiled with salt.
- One cup red chickpeas boiled with salt. (optional)
- Pani means "water with spices" which is the main taste. To make pani for pani puri: blend fresh mint with green chili, ginger paste, sugar, lemon juice, black salt, 2 tsp of grounded powder of cumin seeds and regular table salt. Set aside. Refrigerate for couple of hours.
- Microwave puris for 30-40 seconds.
- Crack open puris and fill with mung beans, potatoes and red chickpeas.
- Dip stuffed puris into water and eat it right away otherwise it will get soggy.
- Yum! Delicious!
|Pani Puri or Gol Gappa|