This Recipe of vegetable lasagna is always a hit with my family and friends. It does require a bit of planning and grocery shopping. The good thing is that it can be done in advance and then you can easily heat it up later.
Preparation Time: About an hour
Serves: 7-9 pieces
|1||Package/Ounces||Frozen Spinach, thawed & drained|
|1||Medium||Red Onion, chopped|
|1||Red & Green Bell Pepper, chopped|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|Crushed Red Pepper (optional)|
|Basil leaves, fresh & chopped|
|1/2||Slab||Firm Tofu, crumbled|
|24 or 2||Ounces/Jars||Pasta Sauce|
| (I buy vegetables sauce & |
tomato garlic sauce)
- Boil the pasta with a touch of salt. Drain, add cold water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add bell pepper, onion, spinach, crumbled tofu, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Mix it well and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with a layer of sauce.
- Then add a layer of noodles.
- Now spread the mixture from the bowl over the noodles. Try to pack mixture little firmly and evenly.
- Now, in the same way, add a second layer on top of it. Add another layer of noodles. cover it with sauce and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Then broil it for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Tips: Other vegetables can be added like broccoli, mushrooms, carrots and corn. Sauté the vegetables for five minutes before adding them to the mixture. Sometimes I open a can of black beans, rinse and add to the mixture, also. To speed up preparation time, pre-cooked pasta can be used.