Quesadillas are instantly satisfying and fulfilling. Make them for a quick Saturday lunch to have a change from regular sandwiches. As you all know, it is a great Mexican dish that is low in fat. Homemade guacamole and salsa is also very tasty and fun to make and eat!
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan, Mexican, Appetizer/Snack
Ingredients for Homemade Salsa:
|1||Green Salerno Pepper|
|1||Bunch||Cilantro, washed & cut|
|Salt to taste|
Directions for Salsa:
- Use a chopper or Cuisinart to chop all of the ingredients. It should not be totally liquid. You should still see some pieces.
- Make this salsa ahead of time. Refrigerate to mellow the taste.
- Mangoes and/or ripe papaya may be added to enhance the flavor.
- More Green Chilies may also be added.
Ingredients for the Guacamole:
|2-3||Avocadoes, ripe, peeled and smashed|
|1||TBsp||Fresh Lemon Juice|
|Fresh garlic, crushed|
Directions for Guacamole:
- Mix together and serve.
Tips for Guacamole:
- I try to leave one avocado seed in the guacamole.
- Guacamole Ready Mix package also works well.
Ingredients for Quesadillas:
Directions for Quesadillas:
- In a skillet on medium heat, lay one tortilla and layer all of the ingredients on top.
- Now cover with another tortilla.
- Heat for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Check that the cheese has melted.
- Cut into pieces and serve with homemade salsa and guacamole.
- Garnish with lettuce and sour cream.
Tips for Quesadillas:
- There are different varieties of tortillas available in the market.
- Here I have used one package of cilantro jalapeño tortillas.